Solar Street Light
Solar Street Lights are raised light sources that are powered by photo voltaic panels generally mounted on the lighting structure or incorporated in the pole itself. The photovoltaic panels effectively charge a rechargeable battery that powers a fluorescent or LED lamp during the night. Most solar panels turn on and off automatically by identifying outdoor light by means of a light source. Solar Street Lights are projected to work throughout the night. Many can stay ignited for more than one night if the sun is not present for a couple of days.
Every street light can possess its own photo voltaic panel, independent of other street lights. Alternately, a number of panels can be installed as a dominant power source on a different location and stock power to a number of street lights.
Solar Street Light- The Benefits
- Can Claim 40% Reduction in First Year and 40% Reduction in Second Year on Solar Product according to Income Tax rules.
- Free from utility grid and thus no risk of flickering
- Inexhaustible source of supply
- No external wiring and hence shock-free
- No line voltage, cables, or metering bills
- Battery backup for cloudy or rainy days
- Flexible Installation
- Maintenance Free
- No expense of transformers or meters to be added for electric service
- Electrically & thermally optimized and designed light source to give maximum output
Applications Of Solar Street Light:
- Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Yards
- Pathway Lighting, Ramp Lighting, Sidewalk Lighting, Peripheral lighting
- Jogging and Bike Path Lighting, Perimeter Security Lighting
- Farm & Ranch Lighting, Wildlife Area Lighting
- Park, Gate, Campus, Boat Dock, Remote Area Lighting
- Township & Housing colonies
- Hotels & Resorts